Subject: Re: [Coco] Converting ANSI-C to K&R(Microware) - Ansifront didn't work
From: Willard Goosey <[email-masked]>
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 14:40:42 -0700
List-Id: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco.maltedmedia.com>

On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 12:39:19PM -0800, Michael Furman wrote:

>Is there another way to convert ANSI C to K&R C automatically?  

If it's still on the Net, the BCC compiler used with ELKS had an
converter.  I never used it, I don't know how well it works, or how
happy the MW C compiler would be with its output.

Other than that, all I can say is "chop the source into smaller
files"!  

> The ansifront documentation mentions "Version 2.5 of CC" and I do
> see this on RTSI.  I'd appreciate it if someone could give me some
> pointers on how to cobble together the most recent C environment
> that runs on Nitros9, which libraries and Cprep to get to go along
> with this...

Well, you need the MW C Compiler and the LII development system.
You can grab c.comp from Gene's web site but you didn't hear that from
me! ;-)

commands From RTSI:
ansifront012.lzh*     
COpt2_1_1.lzh*  ansifront012.readme*  cc_2_5_2.lzh  rma_1_3_patch.lzh*
Make_TK.lzh*    cb_C_Beautifier.lzh*  cprep19.lzh
rma_6309_Patch.lzh*

defs from RTSI:
C_Defs.lzh*  unixinclude.lzh

libraries from RTSI:
CLib_Krieder_91.lzh*      Cgfx_7_src.lzh*               clibt.ar*
CLib_Krieder_91_doc.lzh*  GUIlib_1_0.lzh*
CStart_TK.lzh*            Solve.lzh*                    regexp.lzh
Cgfx_7.lzh*               Termcap_Level2.lzh*           unixlib.lzh
Cgfx_7_doc.lzh*           Window_SaveRestore_fncs.lzh*  varargs.lzh*

My modest contribution:
http://www.sdc/org/~goosey/os9/curses09.lzh

That should bring you up to the Ultimate OS-9 C compiler.

Willard
-- 
Willard Goosey  [email-masked]
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
I search my heart and find Cimmeria, land of Darkness and the Night.
  -- R.E. Howard

--
Coco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/coco